Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekly Challenge - I've Got The Blues

Blue Water - Nikon D40 with 55mm lens


Blue is my favorite color. That's saying a lot, considering my all-consuming love for colors of every shade. For blue to make it to the top is pretty impressive. And there is no blue I love more than the color of the Gulf of Mexico. It's actually a range of shades, from turquoise to cerulean.

I could stare at it forever. Often times, I do.

Go on over to Inspiration Avenue and check out the other amazing submissions.

9 comments:

Maggie said...

What a gorgeous scene, Chris! I have lived near the ocean on the east and west coasts (wish I still did lol), but never anywhere that had such a beautiful aqua color to the water. Lucky you!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is amazing.
So wonderful scene. Love it.

gma said...

Cerulean is a beautiful word as well as color. This is a gorgeous photo.
Wish I was there today. Hope this area won't get a patina of oil on it.

Adventures in Art said...

Amazing! I love the Gulf Coast.. the blue water and white sand. I agree, I could stare at it for hours.

Kim Collister Studio said...

Nothing more beautiful to me than this natural blue treasure.
Very nice!

artangel said...

Wow Chris what an amazing colour that water is! Gorgeous shot!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh you've really captured that feel of serene bliss that I feel when I'm at the beach- I want to BE there right now! Gorgeous!

Priti Lisa said...

Blue does it for me, too. You really have that perfect eye for color...I love the way you've capyured the different shades of blue in the water and sky...this looks like paradise. Maybe someday I'll see it in person, before it's
totally ruined...
XoXX

Chris said...

Thank you all for such sweet comments.

The amazing thing about the Gulf of Mexico is that it's colors are ever changing. Depending on water temperature, time of year, sky color it can be any shade from steel gray to aquamarine.

I know I take a lot of pictures of the Gulf, but I just can't help it. Water and flowers are my two favorite things to photograph.